During construction the neighbouring properties can sustain minor cracking and defects caused by vibrations, soil dewatering and construction errors. As an insurance policy to ensure your construction hasn't caused prior damage, defects or cracks in the neighbouring buildings it is essential that Dilapidation Reports are done pre and post construction.
Pre Construction Dilapidation reports should be done just prior to any demolition or siteworks commencing. Post Construction Dilapidation reports should be done within the final maintenance period of the construction project.
Dilapidation reports will ensure there are no problems or disputes with the adjacent property owners during and after your construction project is complete. They are a useful safeguard against any possible future claims of fault caused by the construction of your new home or respective building.
Items covered in our Dilapidation Inspection Reports:
- Wall cracks, however minor, both internal and external
- Ceiling and cornice cracks
- Window Glazing checked for cracks or faults
- Roof coverings checked for cracks or faults
- Boundary fences
- All defects are documented and photographed where appropriate.
BSP Consultancy has full Professional Indemnity insurance cover and guarantees Quality, Professional Service with all of its reports.
- Commercial Building Inspections
- General Construction Advice
- Construction Quality Control
- Construction Management
- Project Management
- Building Maintenance Advice and Programmes
- Construction Supervision
- Construction Defects Disputes Advice
- Building Contract Assessment and Advice
- Owner Builder's Advisory Service